Mark 5 has a great story about a healing. A woman touched Jesus’ garments and was healed instantly! It is mind-blowing that Jesus turned around and asked, “Who touched me?” Jesus did not dispense the healing. He was carrying the healing and the woman tapped into that healing without Him knowing it! Evidently there were many who touched him. 5:31 His disciples said to Him, “You see the crowd pressing in on You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’” It seems many touched Him but only one got healed.
Can a healing be automatic? She operated in faith, and received without Jesus knowing it.
We need to be reminded that our healing, our peace, our prosperity, our success, has already been purchased for us. Let’s have the confidence in the promises of God to make withdrawals from His abundant Grace!
According to 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, love is …
- Patient – longsuffering, puts up with a lot before it suffers
- Kind – gentle, affectionate
- Not envious – at peace and contentment with others
- Does not boast – does not talk of themselves
- Not proud – humble, does not need to be heard
- Does not dishonor others – to esteem, show respect
- Not self-seeking – encourages others’ best interest
- Not easily angered – not edgy, but soft with others
- Keeps no record of wrongs – no inventory of wrongs done, everyone is a new friend every meeting
- Does not delight in evil – wants good, even to bad people
- Rejoices with the truth – honest
- Always protects – lit. “cover by silence,” or “keep confidential”
- Always trusts – believes in the good of others
- Always hopes – confidence in others’ future
- Always perseveres – continues in spite of set backs
- Never fails – victorious
My interpretation of these verses is, a person who lives in love does not get ruffled, but is gentle, and at peace with others’ successes. The loving are humble, good with being in the background, and highly respecting those around them. They help other people excel, and are not edgy but soft with others. They treat others as if they had never done wrong. They want every ones’ good, and they cover for their weaknesses. It believes people want to be good, is confident in their future, and never gives up on them.